The NCATS N3C Data Use Agreement is now available, allowing researchers to submit or join a project in the N3C Data Enclave—one of the largest, most secure clinical data resources for accelerating and collaborating on COVID-19 research. Below is a brief overview of the process, along with additional resources to help get started. Please consider forwarding this message to researchers within your community who may also wish to access the N3C Data Enclave for COVID-19 research.
|Access Level||Level 1: Synthetic||Level 2: De-identified||Level 3: Limited|
|Data Description||Artificial, statistically-comparable, computational derivative of the original data; it does not contain individually identifiable health information, also known as protected health information (PHI) as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)||Patient data that has been stripped of PHI identifiers as defined by HIPAA||Patient data that includes only two of the 18 elements defined as PHI by HIPAA (dates of service and patient zip code)|
|Eligible Users|| || || |
|Access Requirements*|| || || |
*Data access requirements may change over time.
Click here to view the original table.
- Institutional Data Use Agreement (DUA) (Nemours has a DUA in place)
- Personal ORCID ID
- A two-factor authentication app (DUO, FREE OTP, Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator)
- Current Human Subjects Research training, CITI or NIH (Does not apply to Synthetic Access tier)
- Current NIH Information Security and Management Training
- Proposed project information
- IRB letter of determination (Only applies to Limited (PHI) Access tier)
Follow the steps below to fulfill all of the requirements necessary to access N3C data.
New users must start at step #1. Returning users can skip to step #4